Sunday, November 7, 2010

In final round I had to shoot 68 to qualify. It was a windy day so it wasn't going to be easy. I was 1 under through 8 holes and was hitting it well enough and putting well enough to pull it off. I lipped out seven putts on the last 10 holes to end up with a 75. I put up my best effort but it just wasn't meant to be.

The second round cost me this chance. I should have been able to figure out my swing at some point during that round but nothing made sense. It was a devastating turn of events that sealed my fate. It was the worst ball-striking day of the year, and the only bad striking day of this event. I will have a lot of time to reflect what this means for the future.

I really felt prepared for this qualifying. The part of my game I worried about the most turned out to be the best. Putting has always been my downfall and for this tournament with the most pressure, it was the strongest part of my game. Unfortunately this course turned out to be a bad fit for my length and the the strongest field by far of the three qualifying sites. That being said, if I performed the way I should have it would not have mattered.

When you are my age, these opportunities are precious. When you fail to capitalize it can be tough to take and deal with. I always trust that God is in control so I will only try to learn from this and only try harder. I do not know at this time if this is the end or not. Only prayer and advise from my loved ones will determine future decisions. Whatever the consequences, I will never look back. I never have. I press on to follow the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: