Monday, November 1, 2010

First round of tour school starts tomorrow. I have never been more prepared for a tournament. I am also putting the best I have all year. Having said that, the course is not a good fit for players that hit it my length. Big hitters have a HUGE advantage on this particular golf course. Every fairway sand trap is exactly placed the distance I hit my drives. A big hitter (about 30%) can fly the traps around the corner and cut off 50 yards from where I will be.

My putting has been what has held me back in big tournaments the last few years. I have worked on that aspect intensely the last two weeks and it is paying off. I played in a pro-am Friday and shot 69. Putting well was the difference.

There is no good way to describe Tour School. It is not something you want to go through on a regular basis because of the pure pressure. However, I feel blessed to be able to have this opportunity and embrace it this time around. Instead of felling that I have everything to lose, I feel that I have everything to gain. I know that it will take my best effort this week, so tomorrow will begin a new challenge.

My back and hamstring are not great this week, so any prayer for nice loose muscles would be appreciated. I feel calm so no worries there. I probably will not have extensive post during the tournament to help my mind stay quiet. Once I find out how to find the scores on the PGA Tour website I will try and post that tomorrow. Thanks for all the support and prayers and I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

No comments: