Friday, October 8, 2010

Shot 72 today. Played really well but just could not get the putts to drop. I looked hard at yesterdays round last night and really could not come up with a real good answer about what went wrong. I drove the ball great, irons were OK but not great, but the strongest part of my game failed. I usually have no problems out of sand traps but yesterday when I missed a green, (only five) it was in a trap. The sand traps were very inconsistent as far as how much sand was in them. That combined with reading Bermuda greens was my downfall this week. It's a small margin in this game between playing well and not so well. This was probably the toughest and biggest disappointment of the year. I felt extremely ready and did not expect this result.

I'll have to regroup and prepare again for Bermuda greens for Tour School the first of November. This was a big hit so building back confidence will be a key. Thanks for the support and sorry the results were not better.

No comments: